Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Journal Entry # 9

What is a friend? Please write one paragraph using three main points/ideas.



My friend

Friend is someone who spends time with me and becomes part of my memory or my life. Friend can be separated by type of relationships such as colleague, acquaintance, and close friend. First, a colleague is a person we meet in a company or University. We have the same goal, contribute to the same activities, and work together in the same project in a certain period of time to be successful in our career or study. Second, acquaintance is a person who has a free time that we can enjoy activities together such as playing sport, shopping, traveling, and eating. You may spend more time with acquaintances; however, you may not know their personal details. You still have fun and laugh with them. Third, a close friend is a person who knows your secrets, understands your personality, and shares a lot of experiences with you. For example, I don’t have a chance to go out with my close friend in Thailand or share the same activity with her while I am studying in the United States. However, I never forget to keep in touch with her by e-mail.

No comments: