Thursday, September 13, 2007

Journal Entry # 6

Write a narrative paragraph about an unforgettable experience in your life. This could be an earthquake like in the story on page 24 or it could be something different like your first dating experience. Be sure to use time order signals.

My Driver license

My first driving experience in The United States began when I knew my way to Cal State Fullerton. Since my house is far from Fullerton and my sister have to go to work during the weekday, so my sister told me that I have to drive to school by myself. So I need driver license to drive. The problem is I am not a good driver. My sister took me to take the writing test at DMV in Fullerton. First, officer asked me to show passport. Then I took the photo and took the writing test. After I passed a writing test, I had to test a driving test in the next 2 weeks. I had to practice my driving skill everyday before I took the test. My friend told me that DMV in Fullerton is very hard. I worried about my driving test all the time. On the test day, I went to DMV to take the driving test at 1.30pm. I was so excited, and I didn’t think that I will pass the test. I drove my car on the test way and wait for examiner until 3.00 pm. Then I drove my car as the examiner instructs me. After I finished the test, the examiner told me that I passed the diving test. I was so happy that I passed it. The driving test experience is good. I passed it within one time. I will never forget it. I know that I can do everything if I try. Try to do by yourself. You are best on everything.

3 comments:

Pooh said...

This entry is so interesting and helpful for me because I am going to take the driving license this week. One more thing I want to tell you that there is one problem in your grammar "My first driving experience in The United States began when I knew my way to Cal State Fullerton. Since my house is far from Fullerton... ". I understand but I think it has a little bit difference. I would correct it like "My first driving experience in the United States began when I knew the way from my house to CSU Fullerton. Because my house is so far from CSU Fullerton ..." .But I will remember your experience and I hope I will pass the driving license.

Peach said...

When I read you journal, I felt excited with you. You can clearly explain. However, I have some comment to tell you. You should not use "so" begining your sentences. You should use therefore instead of so. Also, you wrote that "my sister have to.....". You have to use "has" after my sister.

Gloria said...

When I read your journal, I thought you were a brave girl. I have no encourage to take the test. So I still not learn how to drive in America. But I found some mistakes of grammar. For example, the sentence "So I need driver license to drive.", I think you lost an article "a".And the sentence "The driving test experience is good.", I think you should use past simple tense.