Thursday, September 13, 2007

Journal Entry #7

Are you going to the Concert Under the Stars? Are you going on the Los Angeles City Tour? I hope you go to at least one of these events. First, attend the event. Next, write a paragraph summarizing your experience. If you do not attend either event, please write about what you did over the weekend.


My special dinner


On Saturday morning, while I ate breakfast with my sister, I thought of a plan to cook a suki yaki for dinner. We thought we had suki sauce in our refrigerator. We had never cooked a suki yaki since I have been in here. So I thought it would be a good idea to cook suki yaki. Soon we found a Thai cook book. After that, we checked for raw materials in the refrigerator. Then we knew that we should just buy vegetables and meat at Costco. After we went to buy the food, we began to prepare our meat. My sister sliced chicken, pork and beef meanwhile I cleaned the vegetables. Before dinner began, we found that we didn’t have a suki sauce. It is the main material for suki yaki, but it is only sold at the Thai market. It is far from my house, so I spent a lot of time to go black to the supermarket again. Finally, we sat down to eat dinner at 7.30 pm. we were very hungry. At same time we brought the raw meat and vegetable out of the refrigerator and put hot water in a large pot. Cooking suki yaki you had to drop the raw meat and vegetable into the hot water until the food is cooked. Once, it is cooked, we eat it with a suki sauce. Suki yaki is very delicious, it looks like soup. It is spicy, sweet and sour. We continued to eat and talk until 9.00 pm. After that, we put everything in the dishwasher to clean and went to sleep. We enjoyed eating the suki yaki very much. I think that we will cook again.

1 comment:

Pooh said...

Suki Yaki sounds delicious. I really want to try it. Your grammar is good. I just have one thing to tell you that you should describe about this food more clearly because I want to cook and try it. I love Thai food very much