Friday, February 22, 2008

Journal # 6

After sending me a second draft of your writing assignment, copy and paste your paragraph unto your journal #6.

Tsunami in Thailand

The disastrous event in Thailand was Tsunami in Phuket, Krabi,Trang and Ranong which a town in the south of Thailand. Tsunami was the first shock event in my life. In Thailand never have a disaster like this. It happened around 7.58 am on December 26, 2004 while I still slept in my house in Bangkok. After I turned on my television, every channel had news and pictures about Tsunami. I had continued to watch about this news all day. Before Tsunami would happen, people still had a same activity like everyday at the beach. After 7.58 am, all of beach was changed having pieces of wood, fossils and rubbishes spread around area. During this day, I saw every communication in the world tried to help people whom lost their house, their family in Tsunami. After next 2 weeks, I read the report about totals of Thai people is deaths around 5,305 persons and totals of foreigners are deaths around 2,402 persons. This isn’t concluding injury and missing people. I hope that this Tsunami is last large disastrous event in Thailand.

No comments: