Friday, February 15, 2008

Journal #4

Write a narrative account of your first arrival to the United States.

My first time in The United States

I never think my life will be changed when I came in the United States. My first time in the United States was happened around 9 months ago. First, I just planed that after I graduated my bachelor degree in Thailand, I would study English language program until spring semester 2007 in here. Before I came here, I prepared myself about Basic English language. It was rule of Grammar but I think that it wasn’t enough to help me to survive in here. I still very shy and worry to speak English and afraid to talk with foreigners. I came here with my older sister who was still sick. It means that I had to do everything for her and me by myself while we were traveling in here. Then, I had to concentrate everything I do during this trip. It was luck that my flight is nonstop, so I didn’t have to transfer at Hong Kong. I spend time in airplane around 15 hours. After I went to immigration in the United States, I had to answer all of questions for my sister and me. When I finished everything in airport, I walked out side with 4 huge suitcases. I met Tummy who my older brother friend. She picked us up at airport and went to her house. I have stayed with her until now. After my summer semester began in June 2007, my sister went back to Thailand. During this time, I had to learn to do everything by myself.

1 comment:

yeah Steve said...

you did good job~
you were very brave woman.
I remember when I came here first.
I did thausands of mistakes.~